J&G Italian Food Distributors is part of the C.Carnevale Group
Renewable Solar Energy
Because We Care
Here at Carnevale we take our responsibility towards the environment very seriously and do our upmost to ensure that we keep our carbon footprint to a minimum.
In 2011 we embarked on an innovative project into renewable energy, installing almost 500 solar panels on the roofs of our warehouses. To date, Carnevale has helped to produce hundreds of thousands of Kwh of electricity from the sun’s emissions and is a firm believer that by investing in renewable energy now, we are helping to preserve the future for everyone.
In addition to this:
- We continue to work towards a ‘paperless’ operating system for our internal communications, order receiving and processing.
- All of the cardboard and plastic waste that we generate is compacted and sent for recycling.
- We encourage all staff to practice the “3 R’s”: Reduce, Re-use and Recycle and to be as energy efficient as possible.
- Our drivers are sent on sophisticated training courses to maximise their fuel efficiency and keep unnecessary emissions to a minimum.
- Where possible, we use packaging materials that are made from recyclable sources when wrapping and boxing the products that we manufacture and dispatch them in re-useable crates.